The VickieRobertHosoitality kiddies Club offers kiddies first aid boot camp that will teach children the necessary First Aid/ CPR skills needed to respond in an emergency situation.
Offered throughout the summer months in Harrow, this is a perfect course for children to receive the training necessary to become the best confident, competent life saver they can be when the need arises.
We believe first aid is a life skill that everyone can and should learn. We want all 6 – 16-year-olds in the world to have the opportunity to learn the skills and gain the confidence to save lives.
What Is First Aid and Why It Is Important
A person who has been hurt or is suddenly taken ill. First aid is the steps you can take before a person gets expert medical help. First aid can sometimes save a person’s life, but more often it is help given in an everyday accident or illness.
The following questions and answers will tell you more about first aid:
- Q) What kinds of things does first aid include?
- A) It includes staying safe yourself and looking out for danger, helping someone feel better and stay calm. It also includes getting help – either by telling an adult or phoning 999.
- Q) Can first aid only be given by adults?
- A) No, children can learn how to give first aid – which is what this website is for!
- Q) Is first aid hard to learn?
- A) No, first aid is easy to learn. All you have to do is follow simple steps for different situations.
- Q) What else do I need to know about first aid?
- A) Good question. There are a number of important things to know about first aid:
- It is important for everyone to help each other.
- You are most likely to give first aid to your family or friends or yourself.
- You can make a difference!
Have you ever seen someone fall over and hurt their leg? Or perhaps you know someone who’s been very ill? Have you ever been near an accident? Imagine being able to help in each of these situations – that’s what first aid is all about. First aid is important because it can save lives, but it can help you do a lot more:
- You can spot dangers
- You can help someone who has had an accident
- You can help someone who has suddenly become ill
- You can get help in an emergency
- You can help someone who is very upset
This website will help you learn what to do when people are hurt or in different kinds of danger. By learning first aid, you will find out how to:
- Help someone who has a burn
- Help someone with a nose bleed
- Help someone who is choking
- Help someone keep calm
- Make a 999 call
- Do much more.
- You don’t need to have special items or a first aid kit to give first aid.
- The most important thing is to know the simple steps to follow in different situations